Welcome to Focused Health Care. We’re an Australian leader in home care services because of our client-centred ethos and our high service standards.
We are run by Registered Nurses, meaning our business operates from a deep understanding of patients’ medical and emotional needs.
We could see that large care providers had become too rigid and bureaucratic to respond to people’s individual needs. We decided to be a positive change. We’re an agile, family business built around your needs for high quality clinical care, flexible services, and the personal touch.
What does that mean in practice? It means client-focused management decisions like setting a 1-hour minimum shift so that, if you have funding for three hours of care each week, you can spread it over several days rather than having to use it up all at once then wait another week.
And while other agencies are withdrawing from face-to-face meetings, we continue to believe in the value of meeting you in person. It’s the best way for us to get to know you – and we value that relationship. Knowing you well helps us meet your needs.
We are a Registered NDIS provider, an Approved Aged Care provider, and a DVA Community Nursing provider.
We provide a wide range of services to enable you to live more safely and happily at home, including:
- Registered and Enrolled Nurses for high-quality clinical care and medication management
- Personal care and personal hygiene, such as showering, shaving and getting in and out of bed
- Meal preparation and eating so you have a nutritious diet that helps you stay healthy
- Keeping your house clean and tidy
- Transport to medical appointments or community groups so you can enjoy an active social life
- Arranging home modifications like ramps and rails and equipment
- Arranging home maintenance such as lawn mowing, tradies and minor repairs
- Arranging for and liaising with allied health services such as podiatry, physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
You might benefit from in-home care if you:
- Live with a disability or long-term medical condition
- Are getting older and finding some things difficult
- Are recovering from an injury, illness or surgery.
Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for funding for in-home care through:
- The NDIS
- My Aged Care
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Because we are operated by Registered Nurses, we comply with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency standards, giving you confidence in the quality of care you receive. Our Registered Nurses train all our other staff, raising the standard of care across our organisation.
We stand out from other home care providers because our services are:
- Yours: You’re not a number in the books to us; you’re a person with a unique personality and we enjoy getting to know you
- High quality: We use Registered Nurses and a range of other well-trained staff to deliver excellent in-home care
- Specialised: Our staff have undertaken extra training to care for young children with autism, for example
- Consistent: We believe in client-carer matching for a good personality fit and we send you the same few carers so you build a relationship
- Flexible: Our minimum shift is 1 hour, meaning you can spread your funded hours across several different days. And you can often choose what we do when we visit, such as going shopping instead of cleaning.
- Varied: Feel like a change of scene? Let us take you on a refreshing day trip
- Responsive: You’ll have a 24/7 hotline to a Registered Nurse, and case managers who’ll listen to and act on your feedback rather than brush you off.