Our In-Home Aged Care Packages
Understandably, you want to stay living in your own home for as long as possible. There’s no place like it, after all!
As you get older, you may need extra support to enable you to keep living at home. Perhaps you need help with showering or managing your medications. Maybe your home needs some modifications like ramps or rails. Perhaps you need someone to mow the lawn or drive you to your appointments.
Focused Health Care provides services like this to people just like you. One way to access those services is through a Home Care Package.
Home Care Packages For Every Type Of Care
We provide the services you need to continue living in your own home and living the life you want with packages covering everything from cooking meals or walking your dog, to massage therapy and registered nurse care
- Home-cooked meals
- Pet-space cleaning
- Arranging for home maintenance such as lawn mowing or gutter cleaning
- Arranging for tradies to complete minor repairs
- Personal care
- Nursing care
- Connecting you to our network of allied health professionals
- Helping you follow care plans (e.g. doing your physio exercises)
- Social outings
- Arranging for hairdressing
- Transport (fee per km)
- Carer’s break (respite)
- Pet care
THE FOCUSED HEALTH CARE DIFFERENCE
We provide the services you need to continue living in your own home, enjoying your familiar surroundings and living the life you want.
We help with those tasks that have become too difficult for you now. But we see beyond that too. We see you as you really are — a person with a fascinating life history who’s made a significant contribution to their family and their community over the years.
Our ethos and the quality of the service we provide is what makes people choose us. When you come to us, we work through the funding you’ve been given and we decide together how best to spend that funding.
Then we start providing you with the support you need to live at home for as long as possible.
FOCUSED HEALTH CARE ARE:
- Are a family owned business – we treat staff and clients like family
- Are operated by Registered Nurses – we have a lot of clinical expertise managing the business
- Have no wait lists – we get people started with us as soon as possible
- Have a 24/7 phone line – we are contactable 24/7 to help wherever needed
- Have no call centers – we don’t outsource to a call center. We don’t use hold music. there’s always someone at the other end of the phone ready to talk.
- Believe in client-carer matching – we match clients to staff that are a good fit for each other to make the whole experience more enjoyable.
- Provide 1-2 carers maximum – we make sure there’s no more than two carers for our clients wherever possible. This way, a relationship can be formed and rapport built.
If you’d like to learn more about how we may be able to help you, then please get in touch today.
APPLYING FOR A HOME CARE PACKAGE
If you think you would benefit from a Home Care Package, you apply through MyAgedCare. Some people find it helpful to have a relative or close friend to help them navigate the process as it can be confusing at times.
It usually includes a telephone call and a face-to-face assessment where a trained assessor (often a nurse) comes to your home to meet you and discuss your needs. Focused Health Care can be with you for this assessment if you wish.
Then they’ll decide your needs, assigning you to one of four levels of support. At that point, you go into a queue until your case is approved.
Once your case is approved, you’re assigned an amount of money to cover the services you need. You won’t see this money but your chosen service provider (like Focused Health Care) is able to access it to subsidise the costs of the services they provide to you. The government usually expects you to contribute towards the costs too.
A Home Care Package is one way that Australian seniors can get help and support to live independently for longer. It’s an amount of money that the government assigns to you to buy the help you need from an approved service provider, like Focused Health Care.
A Home Care Package is a good option if you need several coordinated aged care services at home or if you have complex needs.
If you only need a little bit of support, for example one or two services, you may find the Commonwealth Home Support Program more suitable.
The Australian government funds Home Care Packages and sets rules for how they can be used.
You can use a Home Care Package to receive:
- Services that help you stay healthy and independent, such as health services, personal care and hygiene, and help with meal preparation and eating
- Services that make your home safe, including home maintenance, chores and home modifications and equipment
- Services that keep you connected to your community, such as transport to appointments or community groups.